End of the Year Honors
Very honored to have received three Pushcart Prize nominations this year! One from TriQuarterly for my story “The Men on the Fence,” one from Paul Crenshaw for the same story, and one from matchbook for my story “Woman of the Century.”
I was also nominated twice for The Best Small Fictions, by Connotation Press for “The Anxious One” and by matchbook for “Woman of the Century“.
Earlier this year Connotation Press nominated “Speaking of Ovid” for The Best of the Net.
I’m deeply grateful to the editors for selecting and championing my work!
- The short short “Dawn” (finalist in the Fineline Competition) in Mid-American Review
- The flash fiction “The Hardest Thing” (finalist in the flash fiction competition) in Iron Horse
- The short essay “The Gravity of Air” in The Forge
- The flash fiction “One-Way Family” in (b)OINK
As I’m finishing my novel and have already started a new one, I haven’t written much short fiction this year, but I can announce one piece forthcoming in 2018:
- “The Brazilian Lover” in: Fiction International
Last bit of news: Three previously published short shorts (“Woman of the Week”, “Back to Back”, and “Dimensions”) will be published in the AROHO’s Waves Anthology, A Confluence of Women’s Voices, 2018