Earlier this year Connotation Press nominated “Speaking of Ovid” for The Best of the Net.
I’m deeply grateful to the editors for selecting and championing my work!
Still forthcoming this year or recently published:
- The short short “Dawn” (finalist in the Fineline Competition) in Mid-American Review
- The flash fiction “The Hardest Thing” (finalist in the flash fiction competition) in Iron Horse
- The story-in-flash “Amsterdam” in Heavy Feather Review
- The flash fiction “How to Kill Your Grandmother” in: Flash: the short-short story magazine
- The short essay “The Gravity of Air” in The Forge
- The flash fiction “One-Way Family” in (b)OINK
As I’m finishing my novel and have already started a new one, I haven’t written much short fiction this year, but I can announce one piece forthcoming in 2018:
- “The Brazilian Lover” in: Fiction International
Last bit of news: Three previously published short shorts (“Woman of the Week”, “Back to Back”, and “Dimensions”) will be published in the AROHO’s Waves Anthology, A Confluence of Women’s Voices, 2018